Mahaska Health understands the value of healing massage for both mind and body, which is why we employ talented massage therapists for 30-minute, 60-minute, and 90-minute sessions. Mahaska Health was named the "Best Spa Service for Massage" in 2016 and 2017 by the Oskaloosa Area Chamber and Development Group.
You don’t have to be a patient to enjoy this wonderfully relaxing experience – our massage therapists travel off-site for parties and offices, and our massage facilities are open to all. Why not pair a massage with your next appointment? We offer:
30 minutes for $40
60 minutes for $65
90 minutes for $90
Types of Massage:
- Relaxation - Uses firm, yet gentle strokes and is designed specifically to enhance circulation to the large muscle groups. Relaxation, or "Swedish" massage is an ideal introductory massage.
- Deep Tissue - Utilizes prolonged deep pressure to reduce chronic muscle tension and improve joint circulation and flexibility.
- Reflexology - Based on the idea that certain areas of the feet are connected by nerves to other parts of the body, relexology involves applying pressure to these areas to remedy problems found in other parts of the body.
- Prenatal massage - Features our specially designed prenatal pillow with a cutout for your baby bump. Our therapists are trained to pamper expecting moms, while keeping mom and baby as safe and comfortable as possible.
- Himalayan salt stone massage - Aides in relaxation and gets your central nervous system in balance at the same time. During the Himalayan Salt Stone Massage, therapists use the warm stones to sooth your body and give your immune system a boost.
- Headache relief massage - For those who suffer from headaches, massage techniques can be used to decrease their frequency, intensity and duration.
- Chair massage - Offered to off-site entities who wish to have a party for a small group or pamper their employees.
Enhancements and Upgrades ($10 each):
- Hot stone
- Foot scrub
- Paraffin Hand Dip
Non-Massage 15 minute Appointment ($15 each):
- Parrafin hand dip
- Foot scrub
Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Release chronic muscular tension and pain
- Improve circulation and increase joint flexibility
- Reduce mental or physical fatigue and stress
- Promote faster healing of muscular tissue
- Improve posture
- Promote better sleep and improve concentration
- Reduce anxiety
- Create an overall sense of well-being