At Mahaska Health Partnership, we recognize the healing power of family and friends. We encourage visitors of the patient's choice to be present for emotional support and comfort while receiving services at our facilities.
Upon your arrival to our campus, if it is between the hours of 6:00 am and 8:00 pm Monday through Friday or 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Saturday or Sunday; enter through entrance #4. If you are visiting outside these hours, please use the Emergency entrance #5 and staff will direct you. All of our campus entrances are indicated on the campus map provided below.
Patients have the right to:
- To accept visitors of their choosing for emotional support and comfort while receiving care. The visitors designated by the patient or support person may include, but not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner (including a same sex domestic partner), another family member or a friend. The individual may or may not be the patient’s surrogate decision-maker or legally authorized representative.
- MHP does not restrict, limit or otherwise deny visitation based on age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression.
- The term “support person” means an individual recognized verbally or in writing by the patient to make visitation determinations on behalf of the patient.
- A “support person” includes but is not limited to a person who is the patient’s spouse, a domestic partner, adult child, a sibling of the patient, another family member of the patient, a same sex partner, a person with whom the patient is in a civil union, or a same sex marriage, a friend, or a person who has durable power of attorney in health care or a health care proxy for the patient documented in a manner recognized under state law.
- Facility shall encompass inpatient and outpatient services available at MHP.
- At the time of admission to MHP, the patient or support person will be:
- informed of their right to receive visitors whom he or she chooses
- informed how to withhold or withdraw consent to receive visits by individuals through notification of a staff member of their request at any time
- provided notification using alternative communication services to accommodate patients and support persons with Limited English Proficiency, visual impairment or health literacy challenges
- provided a copy of MHP's patient rights and responsibilities in written format as well electronically on our website.
- The patient’s visitors may be limited or restricted when clinically necessary to provide safe care to the patient and other patients. In the event of visitor limitation or restriction, an explanation will be provided to the patient or support person. The justified clinical restriction may include but not limited to such things as:
- An order from a court limiting or restraining contact;
- Behavior presents as direct risk or threat to the patient, hospital staff, or others in the immediate environment.
- Infection control issues
- Is medically or therapeutically contraindicated such as the patient needs rest or privacy.
- The patient is undergoing clinical interventions that the treating health care professional believes to be in the best interest of the patient to limit visitors during that time.
- Interferes with the care of other patients.
- To provide a therapeutic milieu
An explanation for the limitation or restriction is provided to the patient or support person.
For questions regarding a restriction imposed on visitation, contact the House Supervisor or MHP Patient Representative at 641.672.3239.